Zingerman’s Catering and Events’ sales staff, kitchen crew, event planners, drivers and service staff, thank you for your continued loyalty as we navigate the current health situation in our community. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to be part of your special occasions and your everyday meals. Our motto says that we deliver “great taste that you can trust” and that continues to be our number one priority. When you are offering Zingerman’s full flavored food to your friends, family and coworkers, we know that you are trusting us to be vigilant in our food safety practices. We will continue to deliver great food to your door, ready for you to enjoy with confidence.
Actions we are taking.
We are taking the Coronavirus COVID-19 very seriously. Fortunately, we already diligently follow Food Safety Laws which go a long way in ensuring that we make food in a clean and safe way. As we do everyday, we are making sure that all of our standard operating procedures regarding sanitation are being strictly upheld and followed.
In addition, we are carefully following the guidelines and directives from the CDC and food industry experts. We have heightened our protocol on all sanitation efforts, and will have ongoing education with our staff on the preventative measures being continuously updated by the CDC regarding food, food handling and safety.
Practices that we will continue using.
- Clean and sanitize thoroughly throughout the entire Delicatessen.
- Reinforce heightened protocol on all of our sanitation efforts.
- Educate our staff members on prevention, as provided by the CDC.
- Maintain strict hand washing guidelines.
- Ensure that staff members adhere to our sick leave policies, requiring staff to stay home if they do not feel well.
New practices that we have put into place.
- We have switched to single wrapped utensils with all catering orders and will wrap food into individual portions when requested.
- Our delivery drivers are sanitizing our trucks after every run.
- Because we have our own in house team of drivers (you may know them by name) we feel very confident in the measures being taken to provide the safe delivery of our food.
- Hand Sanitizing solution is available in all of our trucks for our driver’s use between deliveries
- All non-dining hard surfaces in our kitchen (light switches, door handles, refrigerator handles, hand sinks, paper towel dispensers, etc) are heavily disinfected 3 times a day with hospital grade sanitizer.
- Our Greyline event space is being thoroughly disinfected after each event and each evening whether there is an event or not.
- We will be sanitizing communal spaces and kitchens when we host events away from the Greyline event space.
Over the years we have gotten to know so many of you just as you have come to know us. We will get through this together and we will continue to be there for your celebrations and sorrows, office meetings and just because you don’t feel like cooking tonight.
Whether it is delivery, curbside pick up at the Deli or an event at our Greyline private event space, give us a call and let us make your day a bit easier.
This coming week will mark our 38th anniversary as an organization—the Deli opened its doors on March 15, 1982. We deeply appreciate all your support over all these years. We look forward to serving you for many more years to come!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us directly:
Zingermans Catering and Event at 734-663-3400 or [email protected]